In this blog post, I’m bringing you my 5 top tips to postpone procrastination. Yes, I said postponing rather than say overcoming because, until you have embedded them, you’ll forever be postponing.
In this fast-moving business age, Procrastination is a serious condition suffered by too many companies. And, unfortunately, it starts at the top! Does that resonate? Here are the 5 tips:
- Stop waiting for the right urge. You don’t have to feel like doing something in order to get doing it. My suggestion is to just get working.
- Avoid last minute stress. Too many people put things off until the last minute in the belief that they work best that way. I suggest all that is doing is just putting additional stress on you and everyone who works with you.
- Do the difficult bit first. It’s easy to be tempted in doing the easy bits first but go for the difficult bit first and you’ll feel a better sense of accomplishment what will keep you motivated
- Chunk the job. For many years I felt that I had to do a big job al at once. Inevitably distractions interrupted and I kept having to restart. Then I started chunking my big job into smaller ones and I accomplished more.
- Don’t punish yourself. Far too many people punish themselves when starting a job late. They’ll do things like skip meals, take no breaks even fall asleep at their computer. Don’t do this it only makes matters worse. Don’t worry about the late start or, as someone once told me, forgive yourself and move on.
And a final warning about procrastination is the well-known saying “You may delay but time will not”. What will you do about these 5 top tips? Do you procrastinate or does a colleague?
If you have any other postponing procrastination tips then Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or comment below.