By Malcolm Gallagher
Hello and welcome to 7 tactics to boost sales. Sales are the lifeblood of your business. Nothing happens until something is sold. However – often the approach to sales and selling becomes languid. So I am asking you to plan ahead with urgency and to ensure you take action to boost sales. How to do it?
Watch the video or read below for 7 tactics to boost sales.
- Be clear on the BIG results you deliver for your customers. It’s not what you do that they buy, but the result they get from what they buy from you.
- Know your audience or customer. Make sure you have profiled your ideal customer. A good way to target them clearly is to segment them by their need.
- Now position your product or your service to deliver that BIG result you are delivering in step 1 above. Be careful that you are not fixated on what you do – remember they want results.
- Make it easy or them to buy from you or do business with you. How often have you been frustrated in dealing with a business, especially say a large utility company with complicated processes and systems? Many times I have had to bluntly say to a business leader how hard it was to buy from them – -they often say they didn’t know about it! The higher up the ladder they are the more removed they often become from what’s happening at the sharp end of sales.
- Add value to your customers by teaching them. Use your knowledge, expertise, and connections to help them be more successful. Use video, webinars, white papers, blogs. I often prepare for my clients what I call Go Kits which are digital learning packs.
- Keep your message relevant to your prospective customer. Remember it’s not about you, or what you do, it’s about them and how they will benefit.
- Execute a World Class sales set-up. You may need a little outside help here but an essential element is …….Ensure salespeople know how the BIG RESULT is delivered and how they fit into the process
I trust you want to boost your sales so how will to make sure you take action on all this?